106 - Double or Nothing: Maximus the Confessor
Maximus the Confessor brings us to the brink of the medieval Byzantine period with his philosophical defense of Christ’s full divinity and full humanity.
• P. Allen and B. Niel, The Oxford Handbook of Maximus the Confessor (Oxford: 2015).
• D. Bathrellos, The Byzantine Christ (Oxford: 2004).
• D. Bradshaw, Aristotle East and West (Cambridge: 2007).
• J. Farrell, Free Choice in Maximus the Confessor (South Canaan: 1989).
• A. Louth, Maximus the Confessor (London: 1996).
• J. Meyendorff, Byzantine Theology (New York: 1974).
• T.T. Tollefsen, The Christocentric Cosmology of Maximus the Confessor (Oxford: 2008).
• T.T. Tollefson, Activity and Participation in Late Antique and Early Christian Thought (Oxford: 2012).