• E.W. Blyden, A Voice from Bleeding Africa, on Behalf of Her Exiled Children (Monrovia: 1856).
• E.W. Blyden, Liberia's Offering (New York: 1862).
• E.W. Blyden, Christianity, Islam and the Negro Race, 2nd ed. (Baltimore: 1994 ).
• E.W. Blyden, "The African Problem," North American Review 161 (1895): 327-339.
• E.W. Blyden, African Life and Customs (Baltimore: 1994 ).
• H.R. Lynch (ed), Black Spokesman: Selected Published Writings of Edward Wilmot Blyden (London: 1971).
• H.R. Lynch (ed), Selected Letters of Edward Wilmot Blyden (Millwood: 1978).
• T. Falola, Nationalism and African Intellectuals (Rochester: 2001), chs. 1-2.
• E. Holden, Blyden of Liberia (New York: 1966).
• C. Jeffers, “The Pitfalls of Placing the African Personality on the World Stage: Edward Blyden’s Cultural Nationalism and Cosmopolitanism,” The APA Newsletter on Philosophy and the Black Experience 9 (Spring 2010): 1-5.
• R. July, The Origins of Modern African Thought: Its Development in West Africa During the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries (New York: 1967), ch. 11.
• H.R. Lynch, Edward Wilmot Blyden: Pan-Negro Patriot, 1832-1912 (London: 1967).
• H.N.K. Odamtten, Edward W. Blyden's Intellectual Transformations: Afropublicanism, Pan-Africanism, Islam, and the Indigenous West African Church (East Lansing: 2019).
• T. Tibebu, Edward Wilmot Blyden and the Racial Nationalist Imagination (Rochester: 2012).
I read about Blyden a month
I read about Blyden a month or two ago and I've been looking forward to a Blyden episode ever since! Can't wait to listen!
Let us know what you think!
Astoundingly accurate prediction as to where we shall seek spirituality after it had been driven out from the materialist west!
Add new comment