95 - Anne Sheppard on Ancient Aesthetics
Anne Sheppard discusses ancient aesthetics, touching on poetry, visual art and music in thinkers from Plato to Proclus.
• A. Sheppard, Studies on the 5th and 6th Essays of Proclus' Commentary on the Republic (Göttingen: 1980).
• A. Sheppard, Aesthetics. An Introduction to the Philosophy of Art (Oxford: 1987).
• A. Sheppard, "Phantasia and Inspiration in Neoplatonism," in M. Joyal (ed.), Studies in Plato and the Platonic Tradition (Leiden: 1997), 201-10.
• A. Sheppard, "The Mirror of Imagination: the Influence of Timaeus 70e ff.," in A. Sheppard and R.W. Sharples (eds), Ancient Approaches to Plato's Timaeus (London: 2003), 203-12.
• A. Sheppard and O. Bychkov, Greek and Roman Aesthetics (Cambridge: 2010).