121. No Agreement: Fela Kuti and Wole Soyinka
The political and musical revolution of Fela Kuti’s Afrobeat, the social critique of his cousin, the playwright Wole Soyinka, and the extraordinary career of Fela's mother Funmilayo.
• B. Dauda and T. Falola, Wole Soyinka: Literature, Activism, and African Transformation (New York: 2022).
• J. Gibbs, Critical Perspectives on Wole Soyinka (Washington DC: 1980).
• C. Johnson-Odim, N.E. Mba, For Women and the Nation: Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti of Nigeria (Urbana: 1997).
• E.D. Jones, The Writing of Wole Soyinka (London: 1988)
• G. Moore, Wole Soyinka (London: 1978).
• T. Olaniyan, Arrest the Music! Fela and his Rebel Art and Politics (Bloomington: 2004).
• M.E. Veal, Fela: the Life and Times of an African Musical Icon (Philadelphia: 2000).
• D. Wright, Wole Soyinka Revisited (New York: 1993).