12. Rupert Gethin on Buddhism and the Self
Peter speaks to Rupert Gethin about the no-self theory, and its implications for Buddhist ethics and meditation practices.
• R.M.L. Gethin, The Foundations of Buddhism (Oxford: 1998).
• R.M.L. Gethin, “He Who Sees Dhamma Sees Dhammas: Dhamma In Early Buddhism,” Journal of Indian Philosophy 32 (2004), 513-42.
• R.M.L. Gethin, Sayings of the Buddha: A Selection of Suttas from the Pali Nikāyas (Oxford: 2008).
• R.M.L. Gethin, “On some definitions of mindfulness,” Contemporary Buddhism 12 (2011), 263-79.
• R.M.L. Gethin, “Buddhist conceptualizations of mindfulness in K.W. Brown et al. (eds), Handbook of Mindfulness: Theory, Research, and Practice. (New York: 2015), 9-41.