47. Jan Westerhoff on Nāgārjuna
A discussion with Jan Westerhoff, an expert on the great Buddhist thinker Nāgārjuna, dealing with the notion of emptiness, the tetralemma, and Nāgārjuna's reception in India and Tibet.
• J. Westerhoff, Nāgārjuna’s Madhyamaka. A Philosophical Introduction (Oxford: 2009).
• J. Westerhoff, Twelve Examples of Illusion (Cambridge: 2010).
• J. Westerhoff, "The Merely Conventional Existence of the World," in T. Cowherds (ed.), Moonshadows: Conventional Truth in Buddhist Philosophy (Oxford: 2010), 189-212.
• J. Westerhoff, The Dispeller of Disputes: Nāgārjuna's Vigrahavyāvartanī (Oxford: 2010).
• J. Westerhoff, “On the Nihilist Interpretation of Madhyamaka,” Journal of Indian Philosophy 44 (2016), 337-76.
• J. Westerhoff, The Golden Age of Indian Buddhist Philosophy (Oxford: 2018).