• H.R. Brown, Die Ni**er Die! A Political Autobiography of Jamil Abdullah al-Amin (Chicago: 2002, originally published 1969).
• S. Carmichael (later K. Ture), Stokely Speaks: from Black Power to Pan-Africanism (Chicago: 1971).
• S. Carmichael (later K. Ture) and C.V. Hamilton, Black Power: the Politics of Liberation in America (New York: 1992, originally published 1967).
• S. Carmichael and E.M. Thelwell, Ready for Revolution: the Life and Struggles of Stokely Carmichael [Kwame Ture] (New York: 2003).
• C. Johnson, Revolutionaries to Race Leaders: Black Power and the Making of African American Politics (Minneapolis: 2007).
• P. Joseph (ed.), The Black Power Movement: Rethinking the Civil Rights-Black Power Era (New York: 2006).
• P. Joseph, Waiting ’Til the Midnight Hour: A Narrative History of Black Power in America (New York: 2006).
• J.O.G. Ogbar, Black Power: Radical Politics and African American Identity (Baltimore: 2019).
• B.M. Terry, "Stokely Carmichael and the Longing for Black Liberation: Black Power and Beyond," in M.L. Rogers and J. Turner (eds), African American Political Thought: A Collected History (Chicago: 2021), 593-630.
Time Magazine: "The Many Lives of H. Rap Brown"
Add new comment