• L. Bansat-Boudon and K. Tripathi, An introduction to Tantric philosophy: the Paramārthasāra of Abhinavagupta with the commentary of Yogarāja (London: 2013).
• D.L. Snellgrove (trans.), The Hevajra Tantra: a Critical Study (London: 1959).
• M. Basu, Fundamentals of the Philosophy of Tantras (Calcutta: 1986).
• A. Bharati, The Tantric Tradition (New York: 1975).
• N.N. Bhattacharyya, History of the Tantric Religion (New Delhi: 1999).
• K. Mishra, Kashmir Śaivism: the Central Philosophy of Tantrism (Cambridge MA: 1993).
• P.E. Muller-Ortega, The Triadic Heart of Śiva: Kaula Tantricism of Abhinavagupta in the Non-Dual Shaivism of Kashmir (Albany: 1989).
• A. Padoux, Vāc: The Concept of the Word in Selected Hindu Tantras, trans. J. Gontier (Albany: 1990).
• A. Sanderson, “The Śaiva Literature,” Journal of Indological Studies 24-25 (2012–13, 2014), 1–113.
• C.D. Wallis, Tantra Illuminated: the Philosophy, History, and Practice of a Timeless Tradition (San Rafael CA: 2013).
• R. Yelle, Explaining Mantras: Ritual, Rhetoric, and the Dream of a Natural Language in Hindu Tantra (London: 2003).
Thanks to Robert Yelle for his helpful advice on this episode!
Why is the page not working?
Still not working?
It works fine for me, is the problem that the .mp3 is not playing for you? Please let me know if you are still having a problem with it.
Add new comment