• N. Mandela, The Struggle is My Life, ed. International Defence & Aid Fund for Southern Africa (London: 1978).
• N. Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela (Boston: 1994).
• A. Sampson, Mandela: The Authorised Biography (London: 1999).
• M. Benson, South Africa: The Struggle for a Birthright (London: 1966).
• H. Holland, The Struggle: A History of the African National Congress (New York: 1990).
• P. Limb, The ANC's Early Years: Nation, Class and Place in South Africa Before 1940 (Pretoria: 2010).
• N. Masilela, An Outline of the New African Movement in South Africa (Trenton: 2013).
• F. Meli, South Africa Belongs to Us: A History of the ANC (Harare: 1988).
• M.P. More, "Albert Luthuli, Steve Biko, and Nelson Mandela: The Philosophical Basis of Their Thought and Practice," in in K. Wiredu (ed.), A Companion to African Philosophy (Malden: 2004), 207-215.
• P. Walshe, The Rise of African Nationalism in South Africa: The African National Congress 1912-1952 (London: 1970).
Hi, I'm an avid listener to this podcast and I've loved the material so far! Keep up the awesome work! I'm also a South African and as such I would love to see an episode spent discussing Ubuntu as it sets a lot of Struggle figures and theories well within their uniquely (South) African context. It is also an important part of the Rainbow nation so I would love to see it explored in the same way as the Kwame Nkrumah episodes. It is also an interesting meta-ethical theory in in own right.
Thanks, glad you are enjoying this series! We actually talked about this to some extent already in episode 20 on Communalism, if memory serves.
Add new comment