76 - R.J. Hankinson on Galen
Jim Hankinson, a leading expert on philosophical themes in Galen, joins Peter to discuss this greatest doctor of the ancient world.
• R.J. Hankinson, "Galen and the Best of all Possible Worlds," Classical Quarterly 39 (1989), 206-27.
• R.J. Hankinson, Galen. On the Therapeutic Method. Books I and II (Oxford: 1991).
• R.J. Hankinson, Galen. On Antecedent Causes (Cambridge: 1998).
• R.J. Hankinson (ed.), The Cambridge Companion to Galen (Cambridge: 2008).
• R. J. Hankinson, "Galen on the Limitations of Knowledge," in Galen and the World of Knowledge, ed. C. Gill, T. Whitmarsh and J. Wilkins (Cambridge: 2009), 206-42.