212. Like Father, Like Son: Debating the Trinity
Discussion, debate and denunciation of philosophical attempts to explain the Trinity in Abelard, Richard of St Victor and Bernard of Clairvaux.
• J.E. Brower, “Trinity,” in J.E. Brower and K. Guilfoy, The Cambridge Companion to Abelard (Cambridge: 2004).
• B.T. Coolman and D.M. Coulter (eds), Trinity and Creation: a Selection of Works of Hugh, Richard and Adam of St Victor (Hyde Park: 2002).
• M.A. Doyle, Bernard of Clairvaux and the Schools (Spoleto: 2005).
• G.R. Evans, The Mind of St. Bernard of Clairvaux (Oxford: 1983).
• G.R. Evans, Bernard of Clairvaux (Oxford: 2000).
• D.E. Luscombe, The School of Peter Abelard (Cambridge: 1970).
The Reese's peanut butter cup commerical mentioned in the episode can be viewed here.