101. Crossing Paths: the Last Years of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr
After 1963, the views of Malcolm X and MLK came closer together, on topics including internationalism, political engagement, and economics.
• M.L. G. Breitman (ed.), Malcolm X Speaks: Selected Speeches and Statements (New York: 1965).
• M.L. King, Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches, ed. J.M. Washington (San Francisco: 1991).
• M. Marable (ed.), The Portable Malcolm X Reader (New York: 2013).
• L.V. Baldwin, “Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr: What They Thought About Each Other,” Islamic Studies 25 (1986), 395-416.
• J.H. Cone, Martin & Malcolm & America: a Dream or a Nightmare (Maryknoll: 1991).
• P.E. Joseph, The Sword and the Shield: The Revolutionary Lives of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. (New York: 2020).