370. Ingrid Rowland on Rome in the Renaissance
For our finale of the Italian Renaissance series we're joined by Ingrid Rowland, to speak about art, philosophy, and persecution in Renaissance Rome.
• I.D. Rowland, The Culture of the High Renaissance: Ancients and Moderns in Sixteenth-Century Rome, (Cambridge: 1998).
• I.D. Rowland (ed.), The Place of the Antique in Early Modern Europe (Chicago: 1999).
• I.D. Rowland (trans.), Vitruvius Pollio, Ten Books on Architecture (Cambridge: 1999).
• I.D. Rowland, From Heaven to Arcadia; The Sacred and the Profane in the Renaissance (New York: 2005).
• I.D. Rowland, Giordano Bruno, Philosopher/Heretic (Chicago: 2008).
• I.D. Rowland (trans.) and E. Canone (ed.), Giordano Bruno: On the Heroic Frenzies (Toronto: 2013).
• I.D. Rowland, From Pompeii: the Afterlife of a Roman Town (Cambridge MA: 2014).