105 - Naming the Nameless: the Pseudo-Dionysius
Neoplatonism is fused with Christianity by the pseudonymus author known as Dionysius. Peter looks at his Divine Names, a monument to God’s transcendence.
• M. Edwards, D. Pallis, and G. Steiris (eds), Oxford Handbook of Dionysius the Areopagite (Oxford: 2022).
• S. Gersh, From Iamblichus to Eriugena: An Investigation of the Prehistory and Evolution of the Pseudo-Dionysian Tradition (Leiden: 1978).
• Pseudo-Dionysius: The Complete Works, trans. C. Luibheid and P. Rorem (London: 1987).
• F. O’Rourke, Pseudo-Dionysius and the Metaphysics of Aquinas (Leiden: 1992).
• P. Rorem, Pseudo-Dionysius: A Commentary on the Texts and an Introduction to their Influence (Oxford: 1993).