19. When in Doubt: the Rise of Skepticism
Skeptical tendences in Indian thought and responses to skepticism from the Mīmāṃsā and Vedānta schools.
• P. Balcerowicz, “Jayarāśi Against the Philosophers,” in J. Ganeri (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Indian Philosophy (Oxford: forthcoming 2016).
• A. Carpenter and J. Ganeri, "Can you seek the answer to this question? Meno in India," Australasian Journal of Philosophy 88 (2009), 571-94.
• G. Dreyfus and J. Garfield, "Madhyamaka and Classical Greek Skepticism," in Moonshadows: Conventional Truth in Buddhist Philosophy (Oxford: 2010).
• E. Franco, Perception, Knowledge and Disbelief: a Study of Jayarāśi’s Scepticism (Delhi: 1994).
• J. Ganeri, The Lost Age of Reason (Oxford: 2011), chapter 9.
• B.K. Matilal, Perception: An Essay on Classical Indian Theories of Knowledge (Oxford: 1986), ch. 2.
• B.K. Matilal, Logical and Ethical Issues in Religious Belief (Calcutta: 1982).