• M. Dawson, "Marcus Garvey: The Black Prince?" in M.L. Rogers and J. Turner (eds), African American Political Thought: A Collected History (Chicago: 2021), 260-289.
• M. Dawson, Blacks In and Out of the Left: Past, Present, and Future (Cambridge MA: 2013).
• M. Dawson, Not in Our Lifetimes: The Future of Black Politics (Chicago: 2011).
• M. Dawson, Black Visions: The Roots of Contemporary African-American Ideologies (Chicago: 2001).
• M. Dawson, Behind the Mule: Race and Class in African-American Politics (Princeton: 1994).
I have been binging my way…
I have been binging my way through these episodes and I'm sad to have finally caught up. When I started it, I initially thought it was optimal timing for this topic, but sadly it feels like it's always a good time to address the legacy of slavery (among other things). You mentioned at one point that you'd be stopping around the mid 90s, but I'm hoping you keep going at least far enough to explain to everyone what critical race theory actually is. Thanks for the high quality content across all the HoP podcasts.
Add new comment