146 - Philosophy's Reign in Spain: Andalusia
A look at the culture and historical context that made possible a flowering of philosophy among Muslims and Jews in al-Andalus (Muslim-controlled Spain and Portugal).
• M.R. Cohen, Under Crescent and Cross: the Jews in the Middle Ages (Princeton: 1994).
• R. Fletcher, Moorish Spain (London: 1992).
• A.J. Fromherz, The Almohads: the Rise of an Islamic Empire (London: 2010).
• H. Kennedy, Muslim Spain and Portugal: a Political History of al-Andalus (London: 1996).
• M.R. Menocal, The Literature of al-Andalus (Cambridge: 2000).